I have seen a HUGE trend lately. Yes, it’s tied to the great you-know-what mess of 2020, but it’s causing problems that we can reverse.
The problem is sitting, and the trend is a clear line between increased butt-time and increased nose dives over the edge into full blown Pelvic Floor problems.
Now, let me clear- I’m typing this as I sit at my computer. I’m not judging you! This life stuff is h.a.r.d. and I’m just over here waving a bright yellow flag saying “Wait! We can make this better for you!”
Let’s talk about what this might be looking like in your life.
This is what ‘borderline’ PF problems might have looked like pre-pandemic:
- Planning your driving time around bathroom breaks
- Planning your beverages and meals around bathroom availability
- Occasional (or more) back pain that’s quickly better with some exercise
- Hip, knee, ankle, or foot aches and pains that nag
- ‘Just in case’ bathroom trips
- Poor posture
- Weak core
And now we've been sitting exponentially more this year, plus many people have done this without much planning and finding that the home office setups aren’t as ergonomic as the in-office ones.
This is what I’m seeing more and more lately:
- Movement-limiting pain and stiffness everywhere between the low back and feet
- Pelvic pain- like increased menstrual pain, IC, pelvic floor cramping or spasms
- More pronounced pelvic tilts- butt tucked out or under, throwing off posture and gait
- Increased tech neck occurrences and severity
- Urge, sneeze, and exercise incontinence starting or increasing
- Feeling of heaviness, dragging, or pressure in the pelvis
- Less healthy or functional body systems- for example, digestion problems, overly slow or fast elimination, decreased stress management, increased immune responses like to allergies, or decreased immune responses like getting really sick when you slow down (because you were too stressed to mount an immune response to an illness you actually had for a while)
- Increased sensitivity to external factors like allergens, caffeine, food intolerances, stress, noises, darkness, and more
YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIVE WITH THESE ISSUES
And I might not be the right person for you- I get that. You might be better served by a different pelvic floor coach, or an acupuncturist, or a pelvic floor physical therapist, or medication, or different combos of these. There is no single answer for everyone and you’re not only allowed to assemble your own wellness team, you’re actually responsible for doing that.
Whether or not you specifically work with me is not as important to me as you getting the help you need. Yes, I’m running a business and would like more clients. But I’m running this business because I can’t not help people feel better, this is what I have to do.
So let me know if you’re experiencing any of the issues I’m seeing, and let’s talk about how to reverse them. I can help refer you to other practitioners, or talk about my private and small group programs if you like how I teach. But let’s stop your living with these issues, OK?
What's the easiest Next Step(tm)? Join my free 5 day Walk This Way Challenge!