But I do want to showcase some of my favorite people who are making a difference in the world, so if you do decide you need a perfect gift for someone, maybe you'll find it here. Or just give them a hug. That always works for me.
In not much order, I present to you my favorites.
- Wholisitics An appointment-only, women-focused wellness center. I teach reformer pilates here, and there's lots of other services like group and personal training, chiropractic, nutrition and therapy. And they sell gift certificates
- Glenside Acupuncture Margaret is a dear, the space is quiet and not intimidating, and you'll love it
- Painting with a Twist 2 pilates friends own franchises, so I can say with full support that you'll love your time at Jenkintown, NE Philly, and Warrington PWAT locations, and with full expectation that you'd love any other site too
- Tooth of the Lion amazing PA based herb farmers and remedy makers
- Arete more amazing PA based remedy makers, my partner in the DIY Herbalism program
- Barefoot Botanicals more amazing PA farmers, remedy makers, and educators
- Saltability Retreat local-to-me salt spa with salt cave, float tank, and more
- Backyard Beans Lansdale coffee shop with good light, good space, and good tea
- Round Guys, and The Underground Lansdale brewery and live shows, including the Ladies of Lansdale!
- Domani Star off the charts amazing regional Italian food in Doylestown
- Dishes and Knishes my go-to deli with great soup, in Lafayette Hill
- Fuller Chiropractic wonderful and excruciating Active Release Technique, has saved my ability to speak for a living
- Ace Hardware seriously, this store has it all and they're super helpful
- Kimberton Whole Foods a small local chain since 1986, with local food and great options
- MOYO Skippack PA yoga, including aerial yoga. Come see me teach about immunity and make some Garlic Honey in January
- Yoga Brain East Falls yoga, come see me teach about Herbal Digestion and Detox in January
- Yoga Barn Unionville yoga, home of the DIY Herbalism program
- The Studio St Michaels MD yoga, including the best aerial yoga every, with Paulette
- Lucia LaFerme CA botanical dyer of silks and linen, and a gorgeous IG feed
- Nicole La Pera on Facebook and Instagram soul-healing free content, and a Self Healer's Circle
- Claire Mockridge creator of Your Pelvic Matters teacher training program and a helpful weekly newsletter on functional movement and business things
- Stop Chasing Pain body education in a no-nonsense style I enjoy immensely
- Katy Bowman my favorite expert on all things movement and feet. Books, videos, blog, social media, trainings, she's got it all
- Holly Hill my local independent health food store/magnesium supplier/well-curated shop of wonders
- The Square a renovated factory in Dublin PA full of small shops and businesses
I've probably forgotten some people and places. And I'll probably update this list as I remember them. I'd love to hear about your favorites too, in the comments!